Saturday, January 21, 2012

What's in a name?

So, my sweet Victoria has decided she wants to be called Rose. Seriously?!? Her name is Victoria Rose and she gets called that a ton I must admit, but she gets called Victoria more. I don't know where this is coming from. If you ask her what her name is she will tell you Rose. She's been doing this for awhile so I finally asked her if she liked Rose better and she said yes, then she said, "I just, I just, I like Rose better." I'm dying here!!! Isn't she way too young to be giving me this crap? I like Rose...of course I do, or I wouldn't have made that her middle name. I like it better with Victoria though than as a stand alone name. I mean I think of the Golden Girls when I hear Rose as a stand alone name.

I told the hubs that she was breaking my heart and that I might just cry. He didn't understand. I called her Victoria in utero, she was Victoria when I first met her face to face, she was Victoria when she first smiled, Victoria was the name she recognized first, Victoria is the name I cheer on when she reaches her milestones.....I don't even know Rose for goodness sakes! I called one of my besties and my Mom to figure out....Do I call her Rose? I don't want to squash her independence and creativeness. Everyone is saying just call her Victoria though so my response the last time she said she liked Rose better was, "Too bad, so sad little lady. Your name is Victoria so that is what Mommy is going to call you."

I'm hoping that she is just doing this because Victoria is a bit hard for her and her friends to say. Apparently it's kinda normal though to want to be called something else? A lot of my friends have started telling me what they wanted to be called growing up....I don't remember doing this so it's a little odd to me. Apparently it's a girl thing though.....and I was not very girly. Here's hoping that Nona can convince her that she likes Victoria better.

No comments:

Post a Comment