Sunday, April 3, 2011

6 Weeks:)

So yes, now I am going to be super annoying by doing a weekly update. I am just so excited to be on this journey and I cannot help myself to want to update regularly. Plus, I like that I will be able to look back and see my symptoms and feelings. I am even going to update my weight which is kind of yucky because I really let myself go crazy during my birthday month and gained a whopping 7 lbs.!!! EEEK! Oh well, can't really worry about that now.

146 lbs.

I am going to start with a little disclaimer......I am in no ways complaining about ANYTHING. I may list not so fun symptoms simply because they are what I am experiencing at the time, but I am not complaining. I have tried too hard for too long to complain. 

The constant hunger seems to have subsided for that most part, and I am starting to really like salads, soups, and fruit (which is much better than the chips and cheese I previously HAD to have). I am trying to eat well so that baby has the best to grow on:) I am really, really, really cramping and it already hurts most the time for me to lay on my belly. Usually it hurts when I am propped on my elbows; sleeping on the belly is no problem though. I keep going back and forth from exhausted some days to full of energy the next. I am trying to continue working out and the plan is to run 3 miles 3-4 days/week and weights 2 days. Working out is important during pregnancy; it helps mentally, it's good for baby, it helps you to not gain too much, it helps prepare you for labor, and it helps to get back in shape afterwards. I workout for all of these reasons (I am NOT working out to lose weight or anything crazy like that). I've done pretty good at almost cutting out caffeine; I still have an occasional half glass of soda (I gave up coffee for lent). My boobs are growing and are starting to get pretty sensitive. Nausea has started showing it's head here and there. I'm feeling really good over all and I am so excited. Baby's heart started beating today!!! The rest of this trimester is pretty huge for baby's development, and other than that the end of the first trimester May 15 or 22 (apparently some peeps say that the first trimester ends at 12 weeks and others say after 12 weeks so whatev). 

BTW, really soon I am going to FINALLY break out the sewing machine and attempt making a chic hospital gown!!! Can't wait! If it goes well (and probably even if it doesn't) I fully intend on blogging about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment