Friday, April 22, 2011

Three in one:)

This is a long one so this is your warning;) I have had a few things happen lately, and instead of trying to space them out (or not) and do 3 seperate posts I'm just going to combine them as one:) You will have to pardon the pictures because my camera is really not that great (and neither am I).

Today I got to see my OB and get an u/s; by him no less! I have been anxiously awaiting this day. I felt a lot better after the last u/s, but this week nerves were slowly creeping back. I was very, very nervous by this morning. I thought the bleeding had stopped previously, but it hadn't. I have been spotting almost daily. It has been the really dark brown, almost black old blood but it's still nerve wracking. So today, at 1 I went to my apppointment anxiously awaiting the u/s. When the doc came in and started the u/s I could not believe how much my baby had grown!!!! It was AMAZING!!! I couldn't stop talking about it, and then I realized the doc and nurse probably thought I was a nut case so I said "Well, I know it's still very small but it's a lot bigger than last time!" All was great:) The heartbeat was a strong 170 and the baby, like I said, has been growing like crazy! The doc showed me where the bleeding was coming from. He said it looked like it was congeling and that it was very small and shouldn't pose a problem. It's actually pretty far from the baby and it's no where near the placenta. That's good news because had it been near the placenta it could have kept it from attaching properly. Oh....and it looks like I will have an anterior placenta again and I am pretty stoked about that. After having the placenta between my stomach and Victoria like a little  pillow I'm kinda scared to think about how it would feel to have a baby actually beat me up and me be able to feel it. So...there's the good news of the day!!!!

8 wks. 5 days hb 170

When I got home from my appointment I checked the mail and there were some LOVELY things in there! My cloth diapers:) After my last blog I just couldn't help myself, I HAD to order som Lil' Joeys. I got those today and my gosh! I forgot how teeny tiny diapers were! They are too precious! Not only did they come, but so did my prefolds! I was all excited about washing them, but I don't have the proper detergent now:-( I have scented and I need regular ol' Tide. Oh...and greenmountaindiapers.com will give you a free pair of diaper pins with an order of a dozen or prefolds so I got some of those too. No, you don't have to use pins with prefolds, and I do mostly stick to snappis, but I honestly love pins. I'm excited!! Can you tell? LOL!


Just so you could see the size. Prefold under magazine and Lil' Joey on top. The prefold will even shrink:)


The last thing I wanted to talk about, but certainly not least was last night we had church to celebrate Maudy Thursday. This service really touched my heart and I almost cried several times. I really do adore church at night. There is just something peaceful about it. This service in particular was touching because it was to remember the last supper. I just sat there thinking how sad and amazing it would have been to sit around that table while Jesus was telling his Disciples that one would betray him. To sit there as he spoke of the new covenant that would be made with his blood. Listening as he told them to "do this often in remembrance of me." Communion means a lot to me and last night was no exception. Every time we have communion (at my church it's the 1st Sunday of every month and then on other special occasions) it really hits home with me. It has recently been brought to my attention that some people purposely avoid church when they know there is going to be communion and that just makes me very sad. I sit there almost in tears every. single. time. Just thinking of how God gave his only son Jesus to die for our sins. For the stupid I wasn't thinking sins, the going down the wrong path sins, the sins we know are sins but for some reason think it's okay at the time. Jesus died for us and asked us to break bread in remembrance of him and people avoid that. That really breaks my heart. As for me....even when I've been sliding down that slippery slope of missing church, no one can keep me from communion.

No comments:

Post a Comment