Saturday, April 9, 2011

Our baby has a heartbeat!

I'm a day behind with this post and therefore there will be one tomorrow too when I progress on to 7 weeks:)

It was a long (just over) 2 days after my night at the ER. I even went to bed around 7 on Thursday night so that Friday would come sooner (and because I was exhausted). Even after Friday got here it went slow. We had to wait in the dang waiting area for almost an hour. On top of that when the hubs and kiddos and I got there I saw signs everything that said only 2 guests were allowed back including children! I feel that is a crazy restriction, but I was able to convince them that I had no idea of this rule and I needed to take 3 back as the hubs had taken off of work just to see the baby. Whew....they said they would make an exception this time, but for future visits I needed to have no more than 2. So, we finally get back there, and we got to not only see our little one's heartbeat, but hear it as well!!! I really did not think you could hear it that early. Matter of fact, I was so shocked that I asked if it was mine. The ultrasound tech smiled and told me they don't usually check for the mother's heartbeat. LOL! So, it's not the best picture ever, but here's our baby!!!!

heartbeat = 118

We thought that was pretty slow, a.k.a. boy, but after some research it seems that from 6-7 weeks the average range is 90-110 so now I'm thinking high;-) They were able to tell where I had been bleeding from and apparently I have a small subchorionic bleed below the baby. I have to take it easy for the next few weeks (no working out and no sex), and go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. 

After the ultrasound I had my prenatal workup up 1 floor at my OB's office with a nurse. We went over family history and then she took 9 (!) vials of blood. I already felt lightheaded since I had nothing to eat that morning, but after that I was very lightheaded. I had some juice, got some prenatal vitamin samples (they would like me to take one with DHA) and was on my merry way. 


Next appointment is on the 22nd and it will be with my OB and he'll be doing the ultrasound. EXCITED!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute picture of the baby! I remember constantly staring at my little 'jelly bean' ultrasound pic of Hayden. :)

    ReplyDelete