Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cloth Diapers

Oh how I love you! It has been a little while since I have used cloth since my DD was potty trained back in November and I am VERY excited to start thinking about using them again! I really should use my beloved CDs at night, but......I have found only BumGenius works for this and considering I only have like ummmm....maybe 3 that would fit my DD (and I cannot convince myself to buy more for her) they were really getting ragged with all the washing. So we use disposable at night. Anywho...this is not about her. LOL! I just bought 21 new diapers for the new baby!!!!! I ventured over to my fave place greenmountaindiapers.com and looked at the seconds section and low and behold....there were some organic preemie ones for $0.85 each!!!!! I bought 20:) After tax and everything is was right under $24. I am one happy Momma! Granted.....babies are not in the preemie size very long and some parents just skip them however; my little Victoria was a super slow grower and I am going to guess she would have been in this size at least 2 months. Even if these never fit your little one they will work great as doublers at night, on long trips, or if baby is a heavy peer. Oh...and really I'm not going to lie....the main reason I bought these is I like a really trim fit. I would rather pay $24 and have those super cute newborn clothes fit:)

I'm also looking into some Rumparooz Lil'Joeys! I am very excited about these.  They are AIO's so they won't need covers:) I don't usually like that sort of dipe because it takes FOREVER to dry, but I'm going to suck it up with these. I mean I have some AIO BumGenius and I really like to have those handy for the hubs since he refuses to change a prefold. Anyway....I'm shooting for a dozen or so of these and I got my first one (a used lime one) today from diaperswappers.com (another fave diaper store of mine). I can't wait to get all these new diapers in!! I really don't need a lot of diapers since I have the ones I used with V. I mean 11 or less more Rumparooz and I'm set. Can you imagine?! I mean....I don't even have to have the Rumparooz.....I didn't HAVE to have the preemie prefolds. I seriously could have gotten by with getting no new dipes. Talk about saving a ton of $!!!! When it's all said and done (as long as it's not a boy....then I'll need new covers) I will probably have spent $100 or less getting diaper ready for baby #2.

Oh...and just f.y.i., in regards to the seconds, I get these dipes every chance I get and would highly recommend it! They are not used (not that I have a problem with used), they just don't meet the company's standards. I have ordered 6 BumGenius seconds (none with problems) and 16-18 Green Mountain prefold seconds (only 1 needs to be run back through my sewing machine).

No comments:

Post a Comment