Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Playdate

This post is a little late....but better late than never right?

I LOVE the fall....have I said that? I think I have. Anywho....there are a lot of things that are going on in the fall that I love....we have football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, my anniversary, this year we'll be having a baby, and for me it's not fall without a trip to the Pumpkin Patch.

I never went before having a kiddo and that first year the trip was definitely more for me than Victoria, but it was so much fun to go on a hayride and pick out our pumpkin. In the past I've picked little ones out for her. A size she could carry. This year was a different story. This year I never made it out to actually buy pumpkins so I decided to get 2 big pumpkins....this was not a good idea at 8 months pregnant. I had to just hope my 2.5-year-old would cooperate while I carried 1 in the crook of my arm (the genius I am got one without a proper stem) and the other I carried by the stem. I thought I was going to DIE. My bestie almost got a shot of this craziness until Victoria went running to a tractor to jump on and ride away without out me so not only was I carrying 2 good size pumpkins; I was also running with them to get my child. Fun stuff. I didn't take my camera....just my phone so pardon the pics. I have always gone with one of my besties and it has been so much fun to take our children together. Her little boy is 3 months younger than Victoria (and we're expecting together again!!!). It has been amazing to look back at pictures and see how much they have grown. This year we got to go with our other bestie and her 2 children (another little boy that is 3 months younger than Victoria and a little girl who was 14 months at the time). Besties make everything more fun and we had a great time:) I feel so blessed to have 2 such wonderful ladies in my life.

We go to Oakes Farm and it's always a good time. We did the "Back 40" this year since the kids were old enough to participate a little. They played on the slide, the corn pit thingy, and checked out the animals. They tried to jump in the bounce house but it was having some issues. There was a lot more to do, but with 2 year olds and wind and such we just didn't get around to it. We were going to go back after the hay ride and pumpkin picking....but we didn't.


And a photo of the 2 that have been going for 3 years together now on top and the bottom is the group photo (which is hard to do with 4 kiddos...all 2 and under).

No comments:

Post a Comment