Monday, October 3, 2011

Italian Ravioli Soup

Mmmmmmm.....I love the warm comfort food this time of year. I also don't mind that it takes about 15 min. or less to throw some food in the crock pot for a yummy supper. My only problem with crock pots is I tend to forget to throw the food in there........so then it's like 2-3 hours before supper time and I have to come up with an alternative. Oops. I get less forgetful as the season goes though. Pardon the horrible pictures I take of food....maybe it will get better. I should have taken a picture of the soup in the bowl instead of what was left over in the crock pot after we were done eating. Oh well...you live and learn. I didn't come up with this recipe.....I don't come up with a lot of recipes. This one is courtesy of Betty Crocker......a lot will be since that is the app I use on the iPad when I'm meal planning. Anyway, I really liked this soup and it took probably 5 min. to put together! The hubs said it needs meat so you could add some ground beef or use ravioli with meat, but I liked it as is. I don't have to eat meat with every meal and since being preggo I'm not a huge meat fan anyway. If you're a vegetarian you could substitute out the chicken broth for veggie broth.



Ingredients:
4 medium carrots, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes with Italian-style herbs, undrained
2 cans (14 oz. each) chicken broth
1 can (19 oz.) cannellini beans, drained
2 tsps. dried basil
1 package (9 oz.)refrigerated Italian sausage- or cheese-filled ravioli (this is where the sliced cheese is at my grocery store)

Directions:
In 3.5-4.5 qt. crock pot mix all the ingredients except ravioli. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hrs. (or until carrots are tender). About 10 min. before serving throw in the ravioli and cook on high. That's it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment