Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Breech Baby

So, Miss Emily is still breech. I'm 36 weeks and chances of her flipping at this point are pretty slim. Yesterday I went to a chiropractor/acupuncturist to see if that route would work. He stuck 1 pin in each of my little toes. She's still not flipped.Today I'm going back and we are going to try the Webster's Technique. I wasn't so excited about spending money on that, but I figure we will be spending a lot more paying for a c-section so it was worth a shot.

I'm feeling pretty defeated at this point. I had not allowed myself to feel down about it until yesterday because my doctor will do external cephalic version to turn the baby himself. Well, he will BUT you have to have at least a "good" amniotic fluid index and mine is not; 8-18 is the range of normal and mines 8.4. Go figure! Yesterday I was told no version and I needed to get on the books for a repeat c-section. My world felt like it was crumbling around me. All I want is a nice normal non-medicated birth. Is that asking too much? I didn't get it with my first and it looked like I wouldn't be getting it this go around either. I felt like I should be crying because honestly I was devastated.....I think I was just past the point of crying over it though. I got a little teary a couple of times, but never really broke down over it. I was really struggling with when to schedule this c-section for...I still am kind of. The doctor will for sure do at least 1 more ultrasound before the c-section because he wants me to be happy with the birth and all. I was just going to go ahead and schedule it for 11/19....that way we could be out by Thanksgiving. Well, I have decided against that. I feel like rushing things with Victoria is what got me a c-section with her in the first place. This time I will just be patient. I am going to schedule the repeat c-section for the absolute last day I can which I *think* is 12/9 (almost 3 weeks after that first date mentioned). Do I think I will be miserable? Yes. Do I think that I will always regret not giving Emily every chance to flip otherwise? Yes. So, no, I don't want to go past my due date by any means, no mother does, but I will because some babies will flip during labor. Honestly if she doesn't flip before labor I am 100% hoping to go into labor on my own and dealing with it from there.

Oh, and just f.y.i I have definitely checked out Spinningbabies.com (and have done those exercises) and I have done the ice pack, music, shining light, laying upside down, accupuncture, and today I am getting the Webster Technique performed. Whew!

It suddenly dawned on me today what I have not done is what I should have done first. I have been thinking there is something I can do to control this whole situation. I have control issues. It's hard for me to realize I can't control everything and really what I need to do is "let go and let God." I have to remind myself of this often. Life is scary sometimes and I worry a lot, but I have to let it go. Worry is me not trusting in God and I can't be having that.

No comments:

Post a Comment