Friday, May 6, 2011

Names and Nurseries

Today is probably going to be a 2 post day:) I should save my names and nurseries post for another time when I am not feeling up to blogging so much, but I can't help myself. I am very type A personality and have to always have a plan in place. I really hate not knowing about plans a week or more in advance for example. Well, when it comes to babies it is no different. I have to have a name picked out for a boy or a girl as long as nursery plans. It's kind of surprising to me we have finally decided on names since it wasn't very long ago I was complaining about how to difficult it was to pick names. Anyway.....if it's a girl, her name will be Emily Elizabeth and her room will be lavender. We'll do wainscoting partially up the walls and then paint the rest of the wall some sort of lavender color. I'm going to make an overstuffed bumper with a lavender damask fabric and an oversized crib skirt in lavender silk dupioni. So the pics below are the fabrics and then one is an example of the wainscoting (I am not doing that large of a chair rail at the top) and pic of how I want the skirt to look....maybe puddling on the floor a little more;)


Now....if it is a boy he will be Fisher Lee and his room will be a nautical theme. I will go with the same wainscoting, but we'll do a nautical rope along the top...maybe in lieu of a chair rail, but probably in addition to. I will do navy for the the walls and paint the changing table and, probably crib, red. I am going to go with this crib skirt and bumper, lighting, and I LOVE this compass for the ceiling (that's kinda very hopeful thinking).


I'm just going to leave that pic cut off a little because it's already pretty small. I am also drooling over this as a mural:)


So, there ya go! My plans. My plans don't really ever turn out how I plan them, but I do have one in place at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment