Saturday, May 28, 2011

I LOVE Summer Saturdays!!

Market Square pretty much rocks! I need to get better at getting around down there and find the cheapest parking. Today was Farmers Market and the Biscuit Festival so I figured I'd take my little biscuit lover down there. We saw a little of Farmers Market, but not much since that wasn't our focus today (maybe next weekend). Let me just say is was CRAZY!!! I mean seriously insane. I wasn't particularly thrilled about the $6 parking, but I have to park and didn't feel like driving around. Then we went to the festival and I figured we'd eat before we started trying to push our way through the insane crowd to buy our ticket (not bad at $5 for 5 samples)and start "judging." Hardees had a little tent set up on the end so I got us some from there and we sat down and ate. After buying those biscuits I saw a MUCH better little buffet set up, but I think that was $10/person so I'm actually kind of glad we didn't go that route. My little lady was already loving it:)

We then fought the crowds, which she wasn't digging anywhere near as much as the eating. It too us FOR.EVER. to get the tickets and then the lines.....well....there weren't any. It was every man for himself. Dive in and see if you could get one. I mean it was stressful at best since little one wouldn't let me hold her and I was scared to death she was going to get trampled. I'm glad I didn't take her stroller though because I saw people with stroller....they were just standing still in throngs of people. This pic doesn't do the crowds justice. This was the easy to walk in part. I wish I could have taken photos of all our samples, but that was impossible. Heck....I just wish I knew how to work a camera better. Oh well.

Then, since we were close, and I had thought to pack a swimsuit in case (there seems to be water to play in EVERYWHERE in the summer) we went and played at the fountains at the Worlds Fair Grounds. There is an AWESOME wooden playground near there called Fort Kid and I had heard it was torn down, but when I drove by I saw it still there so we parked there prepared to play. It was closed:( This makes me all kinds of sad since I remembering playing on this when it was new when I was little. It rocks my world. Anywho....off to the fountains we went. I don't think Victoria had any fun there at all;)

That pics a little big....I'm still trying to figure the whole blogging thing out. I like the size, I just don't like the layout of the page...or the font...or anything. Any pointers? Anyway....moving on. Then, we went to the playground right next to the fountains and I must say my little girl is FEARLESS! She just goes and goes and goes. She even fell while running, fell on her knees and then her face. Ouch! She didn't care. There were no marks so I'm guessing the padding there is pretty kick ass. It hard to see her in these, but well, I'm not good with the camera. I am really good at just watching with a HUGE smile on my face. I just pray to God I always remember these moments.

Today has rocked so far! Little girl just woke up and I think there is some more playground and splash pad action in our near future, as in right after snack. I am so excited to make this a great summer for Victoria! Most Fridays my Mom keeps Victoria over night (she thinks she has partial custody and apparently so does Victoria) and so this was a nice change. I got to wake up and make today all about Victoria. We are going to be doing this A LOT this summer since it's the last summer she has to herself. Next summer will rock too, just in a different way:)

No comments:

Post a Comment