Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sleep training....or lack thereof

Did you sleep train your babies? I can't do it. There are a couple out there. Cry it out. Pick up/Put down. I don't know. All I know is that my baby likes to be boobed to sleep and if she isn't tightly swaddled she'll wake up and want the boob to go back to sleep. I have made it way worse with Emily than it ever was with Victoria. I didn't really let V sleep with me and my gosh you can tell. E sleeps with me quite a bit....she has to kinda arch herself so she can cuddle and get her booby. Well, when she is sleeping in her bed and I try to get her to lay there and go to sleep she arches into cuddle/booby position...then screams her little head off when she can't find anything.

She will make herself sick she gets so upset. The same was true for V. Difference between the two is 1) I didn't have to swaddle V this long and 2) She was in the crib sooner and I never brought her back to bed with me.

It's not even me wanting to cuddle with my little baby....it's just me being lazy. I have to nip this in the bud but....here's the big problem.....my babies don't cry. I never let them cry. I hate it. I'm better with letting V throw fits now because she's just acting out but E just wants love and comfort. I just don't let a baby less than one cry. It absolutely, 100% breaks my heart. I am trying to get E to do better though since I am going to be student teaching in August. My sister will be watching her but I know that she can't hold her 24/7. Actually ideal situation for me would be someone that could come watch Emily and hold her and cuddle her all day. I just don't trust anyone:/ Well, I trust my sister to love on her but she runs an in home childcare facility so she has other kids to watch.

Ugh...this is why I stay home with my babies. I'm not the mommy that incorporates children into my life....I'm the mommy who changes my life to work around my kiddos. Neither way is wrong or right...I'm just the one that's so obsessed with my kiddos I do everything for them. Dance, AWANAs, wee ball for V and I hold Emily during all her naps. S-P-O-I-L-E-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment