Saturday, April 28, 2012

My slow growers

Warning...this is long. This is my day to day though so I'm sharing.

My babies grow super slow....snail speed slow....3 oz. in one month slow. Of course all months aren't 3 oz. months and I'm about to throw a lot of numbers at you to show you that but my babies grow slow. They are average weight at birth (which surprised me since hubs was an 8 lber and I was a 9 lber at birth) but they quickly fall off the charts. They don't have so much of a curve as an almost line. LOL!

I would worry about this...I actually still do from time to time....but Victoria is amazing! There was nothing ever wrong with her. Kiddo could fit in 6 month clothes at 1 and was in 3t (yes you read that right) when she turned 2. Jeez! She grew the most in her second year of life. She's in a solid 4t now at 3 so I think she's slowed down finally. Hopefully these pictures will work for you.....

These are Victoria's Charts. I LOVE birthcare.com for this chart BTW! Oh....and I was going to do a side by side but photobucket must have changed things so sorry. First is weight and second is length.





As I mentioned in my breastfeeding post here the first pediatrician we went to told me that if I didn't start getting more fat into her diet then her brain would not develop. Stupid effer. Anyway...she was peeing, poopin, playing, all around happy. She was obviously fine then and she is now. The did all kinds of tests on her. I cannot tell you how many times I was sent over to Children's Hospital to get tests done. She had a metabolic panel done, she had a celiac test, she had another test for other common allergies, she was tested for cystic fibrosis....and on and on. It was great....not really. Did you know that when they test for cystic fibrosis when they are born it's with a heel prick but when they test when the are older (V was 6 months) they have these metal plates connected to a battery and they make the skin wet with something and they put those metal plates with a test strip on and wrap it with plastic and leave it on there for about 30 minutes while they turn on the battery? It stings them a little and can leave burn marks if they don't get the skin and such wet enough. Definitely what I wanted to be doing with my 6 month old baby. All her tests came back perfect. There was nothing wrong with her. She started gaining at least a lb. a month after she was 9 months (sometimes 2) and so now she is a 34.5 lbs. and 39.5" 3 year old.

In case that chart up there is not doing it for you, here's the numbers:

Birth: 7.2
1 month: 7.13
2 months: 9.4
3 months: 9.10
4 months: 10.15
5 months: 11.15
6 months: 12.5
7 months: 13.2
8 months: 13.9
9 months: 14.1
1 year: 17.3
15 months: 20.3
18 months: 24
2 years: 27.1

As you can see that whole babies grow on average 2 lbs. per month was not happening. I like kellymom.com for this breastfeeding growth chart info....but my babies grow even slower than that. Oh well.

So far this is what Miss Emily is looking like. Once again..weight on top and length on bottom.





And here's her number so far.....we go on 5/1 for another weight and vaccine visit.

Birth: 7.15
1 month: 8.12
2 months: 10
3 months: 10.9
4 months: 10.12

I'm pretty sure she has gained around a lb. this time.

You know what sucks the most though? I HATE hearing people say "You are starving that baby!" "They're so hungry!" "How old is she?......Oh really, she's just so tiny!" I don't mind the "She's so petite." And actually I don't mind the "She's so tiny!" so much...I just mind when it's said to imply she's not growing well. It's hard when you don't have the typical growing baby....not going to lie about that. With that being said...I just love how petite my girls have been. They fit in their clothes and cloth diapers for so long and it's easier to carry them around:)

Bet you loved that book! Tomorrow I'm going to try to put up some pics of my littlest from birth to now. Today is her 5 month birthday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment