Monday, April 23, 2012

Children in Church

I'm a little....ummm...possesive of my babies...especially when they are under 6 months. I don't like to hand them over to anyone to care for....not even my Mom. She makes fun of me. Oh well. That being said I have a real disliking for anyone that comes up to me during or before church to tell me they have nursery. I really enjoy church. I particullary enjoy things such as Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and the Good Friday service before Easter. These are quiet services. There is even a sign up on the Good Friday service that says to enter and leave in silence. I took my kiddos to these services. My children learning about God and being apart of the service means a lot to me. While I may have taken V to childcare there was no way E was going. She was sleepy and if you dare try to take her from her Mommy at bedtime then you are a brave soul. Anywho...my kiddos were great! V kinda had some issues laying in the pew and such BUT she was quiet and not too distracting. E started singing when everyone else was singing......but she didn't really want to stop. So enter man that tells me that they have childcare. Well dude sorry but I want to be at this service and if I put my kiddo in childcare then I'm just going to get paged to come and get her so leave me alone. I boobed her to sleep (and no I don't have a problem nursing in church).

Next, time someone says this we were just sitting down at a different church to watch my little niece get baptized when an older lady comes and tells me they offer childcare. Thank you....I can see that printed on the 2 pamphlets I am holding in my hand. I'm not turning my kiddos over in a church where I know no one for sure! Ugh! When did it become the norm to send your kiddos off during church? Now, to be fair V does go to childcare during normal church and E generally ends up there (she's chatty and loves to "sing"). I just think I should be able to take my children to church with me and it not be a problem. It was never a problem when I just had V....not sure why it is now. I'm going to try to continue to not tell someone to mind their own business but it does seriously drive me crazy!

God and Jesus love the babies so leave me alone. Anybody out there still read this blog? Any advice? Do you have to go through this? I was going to vent on facebook and thought better of it....that's what my blog's for right?

No comments:

Post a Comment