Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nuts!

First, sorry for missing my basically first Sunday blog. I will blog it tomorrow. Anywho.

Today, Victoria had her first appointment with the allergist. It was rough. First, she was having one of those days anyway. I was having trouble wrangling her and the appointment was at 8:30. We were going to be late so I tried to call but they apparently don't open until 8:30 anyway. Then I tried to find parking because it's in a part of town that parking is difficult. I parked 2 blocks away and transported 3 kiddos....fun stuff. I was 20 min. late and when I got there I saw that they had their own parking lot which is just unheard of! It was rough seeing that after my walk. I wouldn't have been 20 minutes late had I known they had their own parking. Anway...they worked us in which seems to be the constant of my life these days.

The got us back pretty quick....Victoria was glued to me.....awesomeness. I finally got her to not be so glued to me and a little over an hour after getting there we saw the doctor. He was great I must say. They did a skin test on her back and that pretty much broke my heart. 19 pricks. Poor baby. She cried and fidgeted and was miserable. Later she said it hurt and itched. It basically confirmed that she is allergic to tree nuts. It's really hard to see your baby go through that. It took me and a nurse to hold her down.....and suckers and fruit snacks to keep her there for 15 minutes. Turns out puking and getting hives everytime you eat those nute is a severe reaction. She now has 2 epi pens and 2 medical ID bracelets (well those are ordered). I was told if she eats nuts she has to get the epi pen right away. So now I have even more motivation for trying to make sure the poor kiddo doesn't eat tree nuts.

I feel so sorry for her. She's a trooper though. She said that they did a lot of little pinches at the doctor but she got 2 stickers and 3 bags of chewies (that's what she calls fruit snacks for some reason and she only got 2), then we went to Starbucks and got her a cake pop and hot chocolate. I called the hubs to tell him how it went and he said someone needs a treat and when I told him I was going to Starbucks he said "a treat for her....not you!" LOL! Of course I did get drink as well;) Mommy needed a treat after watching her baby go through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment