Saturday, July 23, 2011

Stupid Type A Personality

I'm not sure why I bother planning things out way, way, way in advance. I NEVER stick to the original plan. Case in point...I made poor dear hubby trudge through about a billion of girl names as soon as we started trying for baby no. 2. Girl names are hard for us. We decided on Nadia Ragen. After many months of trying and no luck and many people giving me the the puke look I was no longer keen on that name. I like it again now....oops. If we have another baby, and if it is a girl, we will most likely use it. After I FINALLY got preggo we started looking at girl names again....we decided on Emily Elizabeth....now I have people left and right asking me if I'm naming her after the girl on Clifford. Are you serious peeps?!?! Yes, I'm naming my child after the girl on Clifford.....(enter sarcasm here).

Anywho....as some of you may have noticed I wrote a big 'ol blog here on how I was going to do nurseries.....it's changed. Surprise, surprise. I went to order the fabric for the bumper.....discontinued and no more in stock. I debated something else, but I realized just for the bumper I would easily spend $100. I decided to break down and just buy something else. I decided to go with this beautiful set from Land of Nod

We are still doing the beadboard, but we are going to paint it peridot by Behr now....it's a light green color....I can't figure out how to show you on here.........sorry:( Trim will be white and upper walls will be AWESOMENESS! I'm pretty excited about this; ask me how I feel during the process and I'll probably not feel so great. I had planned on doing lavender with a super great vinyl monogram, then I decided to go with lavender damask wallpaper (I was a little worried about if it would be too busy but decided to just roll with it).......the hubs vetoed the wallpaper, so now I am going to follow Emily with Jones Design Company's lead and try out this

She has a great tutorial complete with template and I'm feeling pretty good about it. The hubs LOVES it so we must go with it. We'll do lavender walls (haven't picked the exact color) and paint the stencil in white. When we agree on something we just have to use it because it does not happen very often;)

We aren't positive on the curtains yet, but I can say they'll be white. Then there is the lighting.....my goodness......I want a chandelier, but surprise! hubs isn't feeling it. My second choice is a basic white fan with light. Fans cut down on SIDS and provide white noise; if we can't agree it might as well be sensible. Oh, thing is hubs of course LOVES the fan idea........go figure.

I cannot wait to show pics!!!! I may give some before pics, but only if you promise not to make fun of the spot on the wall I had the grand idea to stencil on a saying and ran out of room. I have big ideas; not the best on planning them out though. There will definitely be after pics. I am so excited!!!! It'll be my first DIY with photos:) Hopefully it goes better than the DIY hospital gown I never showed. I'm still working on those BTW.....they're not gorge by any sense of the word though.

I'm about to burst with exicitment right now.........wish we could go start it!!!!! We just don't have ANY of the supplies. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment