Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beach Time!!!

This past week we had our family vacay at Hilton Head Island, SC. We have been very blessed to be able to go to the beach every year since we have been together, and we ALWAYS got to HHI. Last year we also spent a day at Fort Walton, FL because we were spending a long weekend visiting my Dad. We LOVE the beach!!!! Victoria's favorite part is chasing birds, riding bikes, and getting buckets full of water and dumping them out. We aren't so sure we are going to be able to make it next year since that is when I start student teaching and we kind of need to penny pinch like crazy. We'll cross that bridge when it comes, but I will say if we do go we'll be getting a 1 bedroom condo and staying by ourselves.....it would be the very first year that would happen. The first year we went to the beach we were engaged and we shared a 2 bedroom with my parents, the next year we were only able to stay a few days instead of the usual week and we stayed with hubby's parents, the next year when Victoria was 5 months we stayed with my grandmother and her bestie, last year we shared a condo with my parents, and this year we shared a condo with my sister's family. Whew! I guess I'm just trying to say we have also been blessed with always being able to go very cheap (or free) and have the company of our families.

Hubs family has been going since he was very little and they always go the same week.....that week of his birthday. If we do go next year we probably will not be going that week for frugality reasons (rates are HIGH in July). It is nice to be able to have a family vacay where you can spend time together or apart, but you are all there....and by all....I mean ALL! This year family that went was my FIL, step-MIL and their 3 little boys, SIL, BIL, and their 2 kiddos, sister, BIL, niece, and then of course hubs, me, and V......my parents even came for a couple of days. Family is everything and even if you don't all get along like best friends, I feel it's important to suck it up for the sake of the rest of the family. I personally think it's very selfish to let your own discomfort or whatever, keep the rest of the family from bonding. Anyway....I'll get off my soap box...don't know where that came from?

Of course I have photos! I should do a little blurb and collage on the years we've been.....but I'll save that for another day.

Cousins are so much fun!!

I am pretty sure she could have fetched water ALL.DAY.LONG.

Best Daddy in the world teaching little girl to play putt-putt. She finally decided it was just a lot easier to walk over and put the ball in the hole;)

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog post about your family and all your time spent in Hilton Head! We hope y'all will be able to make it next year and if you need help at all finding a villa or any activities please email us at customerservice@palmettodunes.com!

    -Bailey with Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort

    ReplyDelete