Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Randomness of my mind

Today came with some surprises.

 First surprise was one of my kiddos did not come today because she was not feeling well. This was a blessing in disguise as I needed to pick up another kiddo by 4, which is about the time the sick kiddo gets picked up.

Second surprise was another positive day on the OPK. I found that out pretty early this a.m. and by mid-afternoon I was in A LOT of pain. I get pain when I ovulate any way, but I seriously considered calling the nurse because it was pretty rough and that's not such a great thing. She said to call if it was any worse than normal, but I kept going back and forth with myself on if it was normal ow or extraordinary ow. It was so bad though that I decided against running this afternoon since walking wasn't even really happening.

Third surprise was on how incredibly long it took me to get from point A to point B this afternoon to pick up kiddo from the bus and I was late. I felt HORRIBLE! I mean that doesn't even really describe it. I mean it was less than a minute late, but still. My job is to be there when she gets off that bus and the fact that I wasn't is really getting to me.

Forth surprise was how quick my day went.....which leads me to...I need to make a schedule for my day. I mean I have a schedule for the kiddos that I stick to pretty well, but I need something more concrete because random things get my attention and take too much time from my day. Oh, and I have started procrastinating with school lately (which is really easy to do since it's all on-line) and I really don't like how that feels. I have been staying on top of dishes and laundry like a champ, but I want to add more teaching time in for the kiddos as well. This all led me to my fifth surprise.

Fifth surprise was how much God has been tugging at my heart. Church means a lot to me. There was a time that I felt like as long as I was doing the right thing and praying that church was not necessary, but that time has passed. I just feel at peace when I go to church, and I think I am a calmer person all around. I love the way God makes me feel when I give him even a small slice of time. There are a few things I have wanted for a while.....a new Bible and a study guide aimed at being a better, more patient mother....the kind of mother that God wants me to be. I was doing a great job at going every week, but got out of the habit back in....well....I don't know...that's how long ago. I mean we've made it a couple times here and there, but for the most part it's not been happening for one reason or another. No more excuses. If I have to go by myself I will. I want to be a bigger part in my church as well and I am going to start that process with finding out which Sunday school class I should be in. I don't like my impatient, mad self lately and I know I only have myself to blame. You know your heart is not where it is supposed to be when you feel guilty with God. I am going to work harder on daily devotionals and getting to church.

To end this blog on a random note......I need to find my camera and start adding in pics. I take horrible pics, but anything to break up the column of text would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment