Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Goodbye Papaw

My Papaw passed away this past weekend, Saturday, June 18th. We knew it was coming. He has been suffering from Alzheimers for some time now and this past year he went down hill really quick. It was sad to watch. It is more sad to me though that my little girl will not remember how head over heels she was for him. She will not remember wanting to "pet" him and "tiss" him during his last couple of days. She will not have the chance most did to fight over his lap. She will not remember not wanting to leave the casket during the funeral. She just kept saying "Papaw resting" and "Papaw with Jesus." Harder than losing my Papaw was my daughter losing her Papaw. My Papaw was a great man and he loved his grand babies so much.

Another part of losing my Papaw that was pretty hard is that I lost my great-grandmother last year. She was not doing so great either and in both cases I am trying to not be sad that they are gone and instead be happy that they are new and happy with Jesus. It has been really hard losing 2 grandparents in 2 years and I am really hoping this is not a trend. I love my grandparents so much and I was blessed to grow up with a ton. The downside to that is losing them. It has been more spaced out in the past though. I lost my great-grandfather when I was 4 and I have great memories of him playing Barbies with me. I lost my Papaw Brandon when I was 16 and he used to come to my basketball games. Then there was my great-grandmother when I was 26 and now my Papaw Webb at 27. I'm down to 1 Papaw and 2 grandmothers now. My baby though has 3 great-grandparents and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment