Wednesday, June 19, 2013

No Poo?

Have you heard of this "no poo" business? It's where you don't use traditional shampoo and conditioner and instead use a homemade concoction. I used what I think is the more common method of baking soda and water for the "shampoo," and apple cider vinegar for "conditioner." I was going to post some recipes here for ya in case you want to try that business out but I'm not going too.....because I hated it so much and all.

There are some things that you can supposedly do to make it a better experience. You can get a clarifying shampoo and that is supposed to help. You are supposed to give the whole thing 1-3 weeks. I didn't. I just couldn't. "They" say that the transition time is a pretty rough hair time.....whoever "they" are were totally not joking! I mean seriously! My roots...well, the top 4" I guess felt like a grease trap while the remaining hair felt like straw. I couldn't stick it out. I stuck it out for a whopping 10 days. It's supposed to be great!

I wanted to try it for 2 reasons. I wanted to cut out some chemicals and I wash my hair like crazy which is supposed to be not good. I run and I play outside with my kiddos....this equals nasty sweaty hair and I just can't stand it. I wash my hair almost daily. Every once in a  while some time passes but it's pretty rare. Oh...and I get split ends really bad and I thought this whole "no poo" would help. It's also supposed to magically make your hair grow super fast. Maybe it's for you. I still think it's worth a shot if you feel up to it....I just want you to know I couldn't stick it out. If you can't....don't feel bad ;-) If you do stick it out....You are pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment