Friday, June 14, 2013

Eggs...my current fave food!

This is totally random but I LOVE eggs right now! I try to get cage free (for free which is even better) but the hubs keeps forgetting to ask for them (he has been ridiculously busy lately). So if you cut up for veggies for the week then this is pretty quick and easy!

I wish I had a picture here....I'll try to add it tomorrow (I've been eating this as a meal every day).

It's not really like an omelet...I just put some veggies in a skillet add eggs and voila!

1. EVOO drizzled in skillet.
2. Throw in some minced up garlic (I like garlic so I do like 2-3 cloves). Let it sizzle for a couple of minutes to release the flavor.
3. Throw in zucchini, squash, onions, kale and sometimes tomatoes. (I usually use 2 slices each of the zucchini and squash and then chop it pretty small....I try to use equal amounts of all veggies). Let those cook for 2-5 minutes so they get soft.
4. Crack 2 eggs directly into the skillet and mix it all up.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add some shredded mozerella after they're done and flop it in a plate.

Eat a banana or some strawberries with it.

I never realized just how easy it was to make the eggs super yummy super quick!! I get in protein and veggies and fruit in a super yummy low cal meal and that just makes it all the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment