Monday, August 1, 2011

Confusing Trimesters......and months......and due date

This blog has definitely turned into me talking....typing.......about whatever comes to my mind. Sorry about that. Anywho......topic du jour is how confusing it is knowing dates when you are pregnant. For me it is easiest to just go by weeks. Anyone that has been pregnant or know anything about pregnancy will know that when you say you are 23 weeks along you are more than halfway. I hate trying to deal with months. Right now I am 5 months, working on 6 months. I don't go around saying I'm in my 28th year though.....I say I'm 27 (well, I say I'm 25, but that's a different story), so IMO you can't say you are 6 months until you are finished with you 6th month. It's hard to even know how your weeks break down into months considering there are 4.3 weeks in a month. Next up is trimesters....that is pretty hard too because you get tons of different info. Some website or people consider the 1st trimester to be over when you turn 12 weeks while others don't consider it over until you turn 14 weeks. I always thought it was 12 and stuck to that. Mathematically I know I'm wrong since 40/3=13.3, but not everyone is pregnant for 40 weeks. 2nd trimester is more of the same......it varies from when you turn 25 weeks to 28 weeks. I do 27. I've just been thinking about this a lot since I'm now 23 weeks and only a short 4 weeks from the final stretch. I am pretty sure it was just yesterday that we were trying, and trying, and trying to conceive.

My next appointment is Sept. 2nd and it's an ultrasound and then after that the next one is Sept. 6th.......I get to do the fabulous glucose screening test then. YAY.......not. I really wish they did ultrasounds in my doctors office because I am really over having appointments less than a week apart in the same building. Hopefully this is the last one. Then I go to appointments every 2 weeks......craziness.

ETA: I babbled so much I forgot to mention why due dates are confusing! LOL! If you go by my last cycle I'm due on Nov. 27, but according to the 1st measurement at the doctors my due date is Dec. 2. I'm sticking with 11/27. I mean going by measurement it less accurate IMO. That little cursor just has to be off a teeny tiny bit and it messes with your due date. UGH. Whatever.

BTW, I did 2 very exciting things to prepare for baby this weekend:) I ordered the crib (which was $200 off making it a whopping $99) and I bought the coming home outfit! Pictures below.

AND.....if everything goes as planned then I will be the proud owner of this fabulous bag at the end of the day:)

It's a retired print on ebay:) I'm a stay-at-home-mommy so I don't really have a ton of disposable income. It actually just went down because I'm not going to be watching one of my kiddos anymore after Friday. So...point is I don't go splurging....I look for good deals and found 3 great ones in the last 3 days (oh and my dear sweet parents are buying me the crib....they are AWESOME)!

No comments:

Post a Comment