Monday, March 19, 2012

Baby carriers

I apparently have developed a *slight* obsession. Eek! Those things are pricey. I could just DIE for an Ergo, but I just won't talk myself into forking over the dough for it. Even used ones go for a heck of a lot of moola. Anywho....I tried one out...one of my besties was super sweet enough to let me borrow it. That thing was AMAZING! It was the sport edition and I loved how light weight the fabric was. On top of that amazingness....I couldn't even feel the 25 lb. kiddo attached to me for a couple of hours. It was...oh wait...I already said....AMAZING!

Ok...next..my cute little Slingling. They still have the pattern I chose (Athena). This thing does get a big tiresome after awhile, a long while, but you can do 7 different carries (one is 2 slings with 2 babies). I can get this thing on super quick and pop baby in even quicker. I also love that I can still carry ODD on my hip with this and it's not hard at all (she's 34 lbs.).

Let's go to the Bjorn. This will be short. Not a fan. These carriers are bad anyway. They hurt hip development. Seat position carriers are better than crotch danglers. This thing kills my back too. It is quick and easy to put on and take off though.

On to the Moby. I LOVE this one!!! There is definitely a learning curve but once you start to feel comfortable with it you are golden. There are so many danged holds you can do it's just craziness. Youtube the craziness. This is particularly my fave for the brand new baby. When baby just wants to melt into you....this will squish them in really well...just how they like. I took little E to Dollywood on a frigid night with this. She wasn't even 2 weeks. I put her in the Moby and then I put my peacoat on over it. She was snug as a bug in a rug. Downsides to this one though are it's hotter than hell in the summer (or a spring that thinks it's a summer) and it's super long and bulky. You should definitely put this on before leaving the house. It can't really fold up well for the diaper bag either.

Okay so that leaves me with the newest and I just got it today so I can't do such a great review yet. I think it may be my fave yet though. It's an Action Baby. I am pretty positive you aren't supposed to put baby facing out but since LO is so tiny still I just fold up her legs like any other kangaroo carry and it works. LO likes to see what's going and so she's not really into the face between the boobs carry. I can very, very, very easily nurse her discreately hands-free. I got a KILLER deal on a beautiful print. There was like a misprint in the fabric or something....seriously not even noticeable and so it was $60. It has a great head coer for napping (and nursing). You can do 3 different (or with a little one 4) carries.

I'm selling the Bjorn at the next consignment sale. Some peeps actually want a Bjorn so more power to them. The others I love and use so I'm keeping them. If only I could get my hands on an Ergo then I would feel like I had a complete collection.

I just carried little V everywhere when she was a baby. Since my babies don't particually care for growing outside the womb for 9 months she was super tiny and no problem to just carry. Now that I watch about a billion kiddos and I have one of my own I need my hands free. So, there's my in-put. I'm kind of new to the whole thing of baby wearing but I'm loving it. I hate strollers. I spoil my wee ones. I just never want to put them down and they never want me to put them down so this works well. You know...this one likes to have her belly on my shoulder....is there a carrier that does that?

No comments:

Post a Comment