Thursday, March 17, 2011

Clomid update

I was so down about this journey I am on that I really had no motivation to write about it this time. I feel kind of bad about that now so I am just going to do a quick update. I filled my last refill and took those on CDs 5-9 as usual. I wasn't as good about taking it the same time every day as I had been on previous months and would forget a lot. I mean.....not for long...just like an hour or two at most. I did change my diet, but I really have been a slacker at working out which just makes me upset with myself. I am happy with my weight and all; I just want to be more fit. I had some nice abs and now I have a softish belly:(

Anyway...Clomid side effects were not that gosh awful bad, but I have been getting such bad anxiety and depression that I decided to go back on meds for that. I was trying to battle it out, but I didn't feel like it was fair of me to do that to my poor hubby. I was calling him in tears regularly asking him to come home from work. I had a positive OPK on March 7th (CD 16) and went in for my blood test on March 14 (CD 23). The blood test was positive for ovulation but negative for pregnancy. Once again I am trying to keep my hopes up, but to be honest it is getting much harder. I keep telling myself that it normally takes 7-10 days for implantation and then it takes another 2+ days for it to show up on a pregnancy test (blood or urine) so really when I get the blood test done not enough time has passed. I am supposed to start on Sunday so we'll see how it goes. I did get a talking to from my nurse though. She reminded me they only do 6 months of Clomid before sending you to a fertility clinic, and she asked if Kevin had had a semen analysis (which he hasn't because it's not covered by ins. at all). I think I am only taking Clomid for another month or 2 anyway though before we give it a break. Hopefully a higher dosage too.

No comments:

Post a Comment