Saturday, March 23, 2013

Washing my face with oil?

So...I haven't washed my face in 4 days........at least with soap and water. I mentioned forever ago that I wanted to start washing my face with oil....but I was a little nervous about it to say the least. Well...I finally took the plunge. Granted it has only been you know...4 days...but still...my face feels fab!!!! Plus...I had a huge zit the first day I washed with oils (um...this is gross....but I'm a picker....I totally popped it and then washed).....the next day it was G.O.N.E!!!! Seriously!!! I also had some darker spots from older breakouts and now they are almost all gone too! There is one spot left!!! I am pretty positive it is working for wrinkles that are trying to be on my forehead as well;)

Well....so I mixed up 3 oz. castor oil and 7 oz. olive oil and went to town. I read other blogs about this and they say it washes off make-up so I put all this in some flip-top bottles from Wal-Mart (4 for $2...I filled 3) and went to town. I don't think I will ever go back. After I finish washing my face I follow-up with some coconut oil....because that stuff is AMAZING!!!

How I "Wash"

I turn on the hot water and throw a wash cloth under the stream. I squirt about a quarter size in my palm. I massage into my face for...I don't know....a while. I pay particular attention to my forehead since it's trying to get wrinkles....I massage my whole face with my eyes closed and I escape from the baby screams for about 3 min. I guess. I go over my eyes to get the mascara and eyeliner, etc. off. Then I reach in the sink, squeeze the wash cloth out and put it over my face for a couple of secs., gentally wipe off, put in under the stream...repeat for about 2-3 more times. I then put the coconut oil on and I am done.

My face is fab:)

Try it. You'll never go back.

More to come on how coconut oil is changing my life in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment