Thursday, March 14, 2013

Getting old.....or not.

Soooo...I'm coming up on my 29th birthday. I thought I would be freaking out. I mean....hello.....last year in my 20s!!!!!! EEEEKKKKK!!!

Well, after I turned 26 I was fretting BIG time! I just stayed 25 until recently. I mean seriously, every year when people asked I just said I was 25. I even had myself completely convinced I was 25. When Hugh was engaged to 24-year-old Crystal I was all...."Dude that is how old I am!!! Wait...no...I'm 28.....just kidding." Maybe that's what brought me around to reality....not sure. Now I'm good with my age.

When I was in high school I was not confident at all. Seriously, I had no idea where I fit in. I played tuba in band, was on the swim team (very briefly), and played basketball. Was I a band nerd? Was I a cool athlete? I had no clue. I just kinda.....wore pj's all the time, talked to everybody.....and just couldn't wait to grow up. I just wanted to get married and have kids. Main goal in life no joke. I wanted to be a wife and mommy.

I partied in my 20s though and swore I'd never settle down.....until I met my sweet hubs. I still was not comfortable with who I was.

I am now though. With age I have learned about true love, working in relationships, true friendships, about a stronger relationship with God...I have learned who I am. I have learned to be okay with who I am no matter what. I have learned that if you don't like me....fine. I'm not going to bend over backwards to be something I'm not for anyone.

I have everything I have ever dreamed about....a husband and children that love me....everything else is just icing on the cake. I feel better about who I am every. single. day. I'm perfectly okay with the big 2-9.....and right around the corner the big 3-0. I look forward to it really. I look forward to life. I don't like that I have to remember to moisturize (I totally didn't have to do that just 2-3 years ago)...but really....whatever. I LOVE my life. I love the confidence and knowledge of getting older.......and the fact that every single student  thus far has been amazed (or at least acted like it) that I am 29 makes it all the sweeter. I love every single one of them that tell me I look 22-25:) I'll take it for sure!!!!!

Children are amazing! You don't get to experience these life experiences until you are older....and that makes getting older all the better. Yes.....BETTER! Plus....2 of my besties share my birthday month and year.....that makes every birthday that much sweeter:)

No comments:

Post a Comment