Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Toy Guns

Okay...let's see...how to put this delicately...

I am not for toy guns......at all.

I am not for toy guns because I feel that children do not learn the importance of actual guns. We own guns. Well...the hubs owns guns. He's a hunter and he protects our home (he's our alarm system). I am not against gun ownership at all. I am 100% for it. I hope to eventually have a gun of my own as well as a carry permit. I want my girls to learn about guns. I want them to take hunter safety courses and if they choose to hunt more power to them. I want them to respect guns. I do not want them to think of them as toys. Guns are not...I repeat ARE NOT to be pointed at a person ever in a joking manner. I don't care if it's a neon colored water gun that is obviously a toy....you NEVER point a gun at a person in a playful, joking manner. Now they have water "guns" that look nothing like guns and those I'm okay with. There are Nerf guns that look nothing like guns and those I'm okay with. I guess that is weird. If it is a long cylinder "water gun" it looks more like a water pump (so to say) to me that I'm fine with it.

Maybe....just maybe...AFTER my kiddos learn all about guns and the dangers associated with treating them wrongly then I might (but probably not) be okay with it. I am 100% okay with my girls having a BB gun at a young age...not now..but older...because that is a fairly safe manner for them to learn about guns and what they can do. Guns are dangerous. I firmly believe guns don't kill people....people kill people. I think gun education is very, very, very important and thus... I don't want them to be toys for my girls....guns just aren't toys. Dolls, games, balls, puzzles....those are toys. Guns are weapons to be respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment